Skip to main content

Hey Mr. Mood!




It is Saturday evening and I have a feeling that I recognize all too well. It comes suddenly even after I have had a lovely time earlier in the day, I call him Mr. Mood. I am writing this article while seated beside Mr.Mood so as to easily describe him because once he is gone, all I am left with is a sigh of relief to not think of him. Writing this post with Mr. Mood is not easy, he keeps pulling me and I keep trying to push myself away from him, and when we reach a stalemate, we tango till one gets tired. 


Mr.Mood sometimes likes to make me feel sick giving me a headache, forces me to crawl in my bed and not to leave unless answering nature calls, to lose my appetite, or to be nonchalant when forced to interact with people. And when our fight for control begins, he holds power over me when he causes me to be stuck in a never ending negative thought process pattern:


‘I HATE MYSELF! PEOPLE DON’T LIKE ME! I CAN’T DO THIS! GIVING UP SEEMS EASY!’


But then I take the power back when I manage to replace the negative with the positive:


‘I LOVE ME! GOD AND FAMILY LOVE ME AND THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT! I AM CAPABLE OF ACCOMPLISHING MY GOALS! THE EASY WAY ISN’T ALWAYS RIGHT!’


Winning against Mr. Mood isn’t always easy and sometimes I try other ways; Writing is one of them or just laying in bed with rain beats until it passes if I can’t go out for a walk. For today while writing this post, I have decided to play some gentle songs, ‘rise up’ by Andra Day is now playing. I believe that maybe if am still enough, Mr. Mood would get bored and leave. He usually does eventually, but when he is stubborn I know it is time to make the call.


(Take care of you always.) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's to say part 1: I can't add any more weight!?

Who's to say? I remember that thought running in my mind throughout that day.   'So this means you have to lose some weight Eat healthy Reduce unhealthy carbohydrates Exercise Am sure if you google you will get more of what needs to be done.'                                                                                     said the Doctor 'Okay okay Kasanda we got this, it doesn't seem hard I mean...it doesn't seem hard...right?   ...my internal monologue as l sat there looking at the Doctor as he tried to explain my scans to me. Radiology is definitely an interesting course! Just from how one would look at an imaging/scan and say enlarged liver for example and all the rest of us see is pure blackness. Kudos to the medics who study for that tirelessly.  Funny thing that am embarrassed to say...i did a unit in Radiology but up to now l don't get how i passed it, and frankly I passed it well with a score of 80%. I guess it was a case of this unit is compuls

THE SOCIETY I LIVE IN

I live in a society whereby the line between normal vs abnormal is completely distorted or otherwise subjective (based on the majority’s judgement). My society has made stating facts such as; I am a virgin, I am celibate till marriage or I don’t drink alcohol to be shunned upon and more often than not it’s taken to be a gesir [1] . The majority are thus taken to be normal but the ones who choose not to conform to societal norms are taken to be abnormal. This is kinda like the way we make a diagnosis of delusional disorder which is characterized by delusions, fixed false beliefs that involve situations that could potentially occur in real life such as being followed or poisoned. These delusions also occur to almost everyone on their day to day basis and they include: Erotomanic delusion-delusion that another person is in love with the individual- how many people have misread signals from a crush or another person that they have feelings for them; Grandiose type- delusion of infla

The fire that burned out hearts part 2: A shadow false of life?

  ‘See those fallen shadows there Are the shadows false of life?’ ~except from poem by anonymous    When l wake up in the morning l love to hear the song of the birds, crickets and our loud chickens in the storehouse echoing to let them out before the crickets disappear from the grass. But within all that noise, a voice also echoes - a person singing, it is Meja. He has a different tune each morning and today he was singing alongside his radio a luo song.  Mornings weren’t complete until you hear a collection of these sounds…the birds in the sky, crickets, chicken then Meja. Oh and incase you overslept in the house of Wuod, my father, then you would hear also mum’s voice pulling you out from your sweet slumber. Their house their rules, in the house of Wuod everyone including our cat was to be awake by  8am . l personally hated mornings, and so any opportunities to be sent out to get something from the shop l would always jump at it, if not l would be stuck with morning ho